Sunday 30 August 2020

Started to put the Oathmark army together..and hit a roadblock

Here is the boxes for my planed 2500 point army. It lacks the Dwarf CatapultCannon and OgresPolar Bear Cavalry.

I will use them as: Elf Rangers, Elf Archers, Human Spearmen, Goblin Wolf riders and Wolf rider scouts, Human soldiers and Human Linebreakers.

The first units I plan on building are two units of 10 Elf Archers. Each infantry division in my army has one attached for fire support. Their low activation number, better than normal range (22" instead of 20"), aimed and fire over abilities make them the best archer unit in the game. They are also the most expensive archer units so can't be taken in large units.

 

30 Elf Infantry - North Star

Close up of the front

and the back.

Somewhat annoyingly, there is only 3 arms with arrows attached. There are 2 with no arrow. 

 

I started doing one unit...when the Games Workshop plastic glue I had last used some months ago...stopped working. Dried out and all blocked. I staggered through doing a 2nd unit with super-glue, but it was very painful, got glue all over my figures and found it impossible to get the heads on any figure. 

I have ordered some more, as one can no longer simply walk into Mordor and buy some more glue :(. It won't arrive till next week, so I have little to show for my work as of yet :(



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.