Friday 2 April 2021

Thoughts on the disaster against the Prussians at Conquest 2021

 Thoughts on the disaster against the 1814 Prussians

 I played on 800 point FOGN game vs Djano at Conquest. Sadly, no one else turned up.

A complete disaster followed. 40% of the army routed vs 1 disrupted and 3 spent cavalry units.

 

 

Thoughts and Initial Conclusions follow:

1- For tournament play, get a different army. I was outnumbered in Infantry, Cavalry AND Artillery.

2- Do not go on the on the attack when outnumbered!

3- Put down the MAXIMUM amount of terrain, even if going on the attack. 

4- Build my own terrain - have the MAXIMUM amount and size of hills.

5- Have small towns, not large ones. Large ones can be shot at by too many units.

6- I really need 4 cavalry units. I can't fight 4 with only 1 shock heavy and 2 light vs 3 heavy.

7- Keeping units next to a town stops more than 1 unit assaulting it, no matter what size the town footprint. 

 

what

 

8- I need to put together more, cheaper units - having less Superior units is not worth it. 

9- The LED Light up counters to show disrupted/wavering are quite good.

10- I should get one of the LEDs for Napalm/Phosphors to show Broken units.

11- For tournament games, I must investigate getting a British/Hanover/Dutch/Brunswick Waterloo style army.  British Peninsula armies get outnumbered in everything too often.

12- If using a British Peninsula army, NEVER GO ON THE OFFENSIVE UNLESS YOU OUTNUMBER THE ENEMY. How many times must I learn this?

 13- I need to complain about the 500 point rules- it forces a British Peninsula army to get 3 divisions when you really should only have 2. 

14- Also ask if Redoubts can be used on the defence in a 500 point game.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.