Saturday 23 July 2022

Getting back into BATTLETECH after 26 years

So I have got pretty much the Bolt Action Australian 6th Division Bardia/Tobruk/Greece army I want, though I haven't put anything together.

I was playing HBS's Battletech on the PC and remembered I still had my old 2nd Edition Battletech stuff around, and the current version is getting increasingly popular.

This was the dream to get, though I will want to get ALL the rules eventually. And Mech's.
 

So for the first time since they got bought out and 30+ years, I went to Milsims!

They moved two years ago into an old QuickEMart. It's the biggest game store in Melbourne with everything except WW2 stuff. They have a WALL of boxed tabletop wargames!

I HAD ordered it twice via Amazon, and got it cancelled twice. This game is so poluar it's selling out within a week of it being on the shelf!

I got the Successor States book for old times sake,  and the Campaign guide to dream of ever running.

My current idea is a Pirate/Mercenary Company-sized group of 3 lances. Based in the Periphery to the NW of the Inner Sphere, outside of Stiener (and near the edge of where the Clan Invasion will eventually come). A reengage company that fled Canopian space after being charged for a crime they didn't commit, the leaders now great-granddaughter leads a world and attacks near by and not-so near by systems for plunder and slaves and some plausible deniability mercenary work.

All the mech's bar the Firestarter are from 2nd edition and are all very cool too look at. I like the Firestarter's flamers and the idea of overheating someone to shut them down without shooting.  

Ideally will painted in camo-colours of Brown and Green.

Battletech company - Com's Commando's.

1 HQ lance

-          Heavy Command Mech - Battlemaster

-          Heavy LRM support Mech – Archer

-          Heavy Mech – Warhammer

-          Medium AA Mech – Riflemen

 

1 Main lance

-          Heavy Mech - Thunderbolt

-          Heavy  LRM Mech - Crusader

-          Medium Mech - Shadowhawk

-          Light scout hunter Mech - Firestarter

 

1 Scout lance

-          Medium commander Mech – Phoenix Hawk

-          Light Mech - Wasp

-          Light Mech - Stinger

-          Scout Mech - Locust


Their enemies would be closer Stiener Worlds with Mechs, Armour, VTOL's and Infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.