Tuesday 29 August 2023

Yet more ideas for YouTube battle reports

 After watching yet more historical battle reports, what I would do if I ever did a YouTube video:

- Ask ChatGPT to convert my notes to a storyboard, It's not going to be 1-1, but it shows a structure and even finds the story I had not seen during the smoke of battle.

- Need a snappy name. Hmm, The Smoke of Battle Wargaming Reports? TSoBWR? SBWR

- The channel icon can have lots of smoke then and hide my crappy painting!

- If anyone offers me anything, say yes to being a sellout, but state out front in the video. It's not like any other create in the history of the world said no to money! 

- No Crypto. It's a Scam. No Scams please.

- After writing the battle report, there's a story there. Wargames and role playing games make it easy to tell a story - that's the point.  In my last battle, the story was actually about the Spanish Conscripts who nothing was expected of, arrived late, couldn't do anything...and their stubborn stand against  overwhelming odds,  saved the turn, the battle, the war. Wargame battle reports without a story is like Arnold J Rimmer telling you about his RISK game. "And then I rolled 6 6"!

- Use lots of moving arrows - red and blue ones. Show where units are and label them to follow their stories through the battle. Every good historical battle doco needs them. 

- I can use NATO symbols, but they tend to make the picture of the battlefield cluttered. They belong on top down hex maps.

- Use AI to do the talking. Do multiple ones for different view points. Keep the same AI voice video to video. The accent needs to match the army general talking. 

- When playing solo, compliment my opponent at all times. 

- Need lots of smoke on the battlefield! 

- At the end, analysis the tactics, but also the strategy, the logistics, the doctrine. And also the luck. 

- ending tag line "...and remember, smoke 'em if you got 'em!"*. 

 

* - It actually means I have the enemy right where I want them, and it is time to puff smug smoke in their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.