Saturday 8 February 2020

Coming up - The Battle of Talavera!


I just refought the Battle of Talavera in a 3-a-side Army level battle using Field of Glory Napoleonic 2nd ed at the NWA at Croydon RSL. I played as a Portuguese Division in the centre of the Allied line, with the British to my left on a hill, and the Spanish army to my right in the town of Talavera itself. I also controlled the British Cavalry Division and the VERY LATE arriving Light Division.

Battle report coming, but here''s pretty much how it went down:
The British cavalry was in reserve, rather than being on the left.

Yes, the French repeated the historical battle strategy. Will it work this time??!

Did the French come up in the same old way and get defeated in the same old way? Did MY PORTUGUESE out shoot the French battalions? Did the KGL Hussar's make a certain death charge in the centre of the French line without Sir Arthur Wellesley orders? Did the Light Division arrive too late to effect the battle?? Will Richard Shape capture a French Eagle??? Find out later when I write up the batrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.