Saturday 7 August 2021

Some trees from Amazon: OrgMemory Mixed Model Trees with Base. Ok for 18mm but too short for 28mm

 I got some cheap model railway trees from Amazon

OrgMemory Mixed Model Trees with Base, Diorama Supplies, Model Train Scenery, Woodland Scenics, (19pcs, 2-6 inch /5-15 cm), Ho Scale Trees, Miniature Trees with Base:


 They are a bit...smaller than I expected.

On the Kickstarter forest mats I previously got.


Of the 19 or so trees, most would work for 15/18mm FOGN or Epic ACW, but are a bit too small for 28mm Oathmark or Rangers of Shadow Deep. 

The trees dropped off some flock in the bag and when I squeezed some to get them to stand up they noticeably deformed. Understandable as they aren't really supposed to be moved around much around a model railway train, and are a lot cheaper than buying some Noch stand along tree's (that would like better, but cost as much as one tree for this 19).

Compared to some FOGN trees

Two of the tree's are white/snowy, which I could use for Rangers of Shadow Deep scenario 2 - spider web trees, though I need 4 of them in total. 

Their small plastic bases are NOT stable on a wargame table and are smaller than the FOGN tree bases, so won't stand up very well. I will need to base them on some card or foam, though if you had a flat D&D grid they would stand up fine (though liable to be knocked over if the table gets bumped). I expect I'll glue them to small 1 or 2 inch pieces of cardboard and paint and flock them, though I might some on places of 2-4 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.