Sunday 26 March 2023

Lead Adventure Forum asks: What are the Top Things that Attract You to a Rules System?

 What are the Top Things that Attract You to a Rules System?

 (In a rough order of importance): 

Is there someone else I can play it with?

Is it in an era I'm interested in?

Can I get the figures for it easily? Can I get them already painted?

Are the rules well laid out in a book (I do not want to print out an entire rule book from PDF). 
 
Can the non-active player do something during the other players turn? IE- if it is not my turn, is there any point to be being at the table?  I'd much prefer having some activity to do during it.

No area templates in game- I should not need to keep units 2" apart to avoid some random explosion. No angles on "you cannot fire here".

Are there YouTube video's showing me how to play. Yes, ALL THE RULES.

Are the army lists varied and able to give many options in building the army so I can play the army and style I like?

Can I build an army using excel or online web page and print it on one page.

A minimum of counters on the table, but some are ok - orders and 1(!) unit condition is fine.

Not too many dice to roll per action - more than 6 or so is too much to count.

Avoid the use of cards ideally - I shouldn't have to play a game of poker or Magic the Gathering in my wargame.

Avoid off board templates for orders- I should not need a separate table for that.

Are these in built solo rules?

Are there campaign rules, and do they allow the loser of the battle to recover in the next one (because every campaign rules I see seems to end in a deathball/death spiral).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.