Friday 28 July 2023

Hornby buys stake in Warlord Games

 They bought a stake in it, and will presumably by the rest soon. Allegedly it's with VC money. 


Prediction: The Warlord games we know is now doomed. The owner is cashing out.

A lot of the not-popular games (aka anything except Bolt Action, Black Powder) will be killed. See: the sale on now,

Epic scale might die too, I have no idea how popular it is.

A lot of the old hands will fade away.

They might try and make Bolt action as a alternative to Warhammer 40K. The VC's will see all the money GW is making and want a slice of that pie. They might even try making a home grown version (Yes I know about Gates of Antaras. I've never seen anyone play it) It will not work (Sadly, because GW needs some competition).

Enshiitifcation will ensure. That's Capitalism. 

 

I wonder if the company will be dead before I get around to putting together my epic scale Waterloo and ACW armies. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.