Sunday 24 January 2021

Analysis of the Austrian Army in Germany 1799-1800 that I defeated me in game 2 of the Jan 2021 Tournament.

Analysis of the Austrian Army in Germany 1799-1800 that I defeated me in game 2 of the Jan 2021 Tournament

TWO Heavy Shock AND Lancers. That's a lot of cavalry

This is the 2nd army I face here. 

I used two large infantry units on a hill with their flank covered by a nearly impassible to cavalry to block his larger light cavalry unit. When it tried to get close it was knocked back. The Heavy Shock Cuirassiers drew with my own Heavy Shock Dragoons, the 2nd unit charged and defeated them, and it was then destroyed by my Hussar's in the flank. 

 

The value of having a single unit of Heavy Shock Dragoons was pretty needed in this battle. Light Cavalry wouldn't have worked I think. 

I would have to make my large holding infantry unit small, and remove its and skirmish attachment from my new army idea.

Better cavalry, but worse infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.