Sunday 21 February 2021

My next tournement?

    

FOGN at Conquest this year


I was browsing the Conquest web site and found something I didn't think I'd see. Napoloenic wargaming at Conquest!

https://www.conquest.asn.au/event/field-of-glory-napoleonic/

Field of Glory Napoleonic is a miniatures wargame in which players use a few hundred figures grouped into a dozen or so units representing a Corps of many thousands of troops in battle against an enemy Corps in the Napoleonic period. The Napoleonic period is very popular with historical gamers as it has many famous personalities and battles as well as lots of figures in colourful uniforms on the gaming table.

Players will use a Corps up to 500 points. Lists are to be from the second edition FOGN books and the “FOGN 500” pdf using the “FOG Napoleonic Army List Generator 2nd Edition"

Players are to provide their own 15/18mm armies and terrain pieces.

The rules used will be FOGN Second Edition, the “FOGN 500” pdf, the “Tournament points” pdf and as follows:

  • Play will consist of 3 rounds of 2.5 hours starting at 12.30pm.
  • The draw will be by Swiss chess by wins and accumulated tournament points score. If necessary an
    extra player will play byes to make the numbers even.
  • Scoring will be by wins for Places. Countback for places shall be by the results of their games if they
    have played each other, otherwise by tournament points.

Trophies will be awarded to the Top 3 Places and Best Army.

The files referred to above are available in the files section of the “FOG Napoleonic's” Facebook group.

There's only 8 places, and I need to  get some terrain before hand, but I only need 3 and a road...so 2 small hills and a forest? Hopefully the order I did will arrive by then. 

I used to go to Conquest religiously since 1991 but missed the last few years due to...family changes. I need to go back, and this a great reason to so. Maybe I can get a game of Dune in too.

And now I need to theorycraft a 500 point list! I have the army to do that now I think (even before the new bases arrive next week) so I can start doing some small solo games to learn what works and what does not. 

The current rules for 500 point army lists are:

FoGN 500 is a shortened version of the FoGN designed for quicker games or for small tournaments. FoGN 500 games differ from a normal 800 point game in that:
    • Armies are maximum of 500 points.
    • A maximum of 1 artillery unit may be used.
    • Lists stating a minimum number of 5 or 6 artillery bases, are only required to field a  minimum of 4 artillery bases.
    • Where the army lists require a player to have at least 3 more infantry and cavalry units this shall be at least 2 more infantry than cavalry units
So no Russian armies with 6(hundred) artillery pieces. Probably less cavalry, though you can still do them. Very hard to do 4 divisions or high quality commanders. 

My First idea for a 500 point Army:
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.