Thursday 18 February 2021

SPQR: A Clash of Heroes Starter Set

 So I saw this on Warlord's website and had a sudden attack of IT MUST BE MINE.

I've wanted some heavy infantry and spearmen for my Oathmark army I just started putting together. And I've always wanted a Roman army. And the game is small so it can hopefully be played solo easier.

There is a LOT of negative comment about the 1st edition of SPQR that came out in 2019. So much so, Warlord is giving AWAY the new rulebook to every new boxed set of units! It must have been pretty bad, I hope they spent some time to actually playtest and work on the game this time.

I'm also getting some Roman officers to maybe use in my Oathmark units to help match them up as an army. Later on I need some catapults and cavalry, and using early Roman Cavalry would work for that too.

I might cut off the plumes from their heads though. And get a standard bearer that can put a flag on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.