Friday 17 January 2020

Buying my First Divison

My mid-life crises continues and today I bought a Division of 18mm British Peninsula Infantry for Field of Glory Napoleonic from the only people in Melbourne who sell ANY historical miniatures I can find - Eureka Miniatures. Helpfully, everyone tells me their AB figures are the best. Lots of flash though. Going to the store to select what I wanted was worth it. Saved some money paying cash too.

The maker was at the front counter and wearing a gas mask. I assume that was because he was out from the factory because the smoke from the bush fires actually cleared today (it will be back on Sunday when I fight my next battle).



I wanted to have some Hussar's added as a detachment to the 95th Rifle brigade (to represent the scouting cavalry and who the riflemen often rode on) but couldn't afford the 1 point I needed.

(May not be legal, will find out when I buy the army list on Sunday from the co-author).  I am assuming Sharpe has done his Sharpe thing and taken over the brigade because the normal commander is dead/having a break down/has his glasses buttered.  I wanted to get some rocket artillery but Eureka doesn't have them AFAIK.

Picton in his Waterloo top hat and umbrella is amusing, and will work well as my merely "component" commander. I do think that the era should also have INcompotent commanders, but you can only sorta do that in FOGN by having an allied commander who doesn't speak your language as well (aka, +1 ADC from the corps commander to do a complicated manoeuvre).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.