Thursday 30 January 2020

21st Portuguese Infantry Regiment painting part 2


 
My painting of the 21st Portuguese Infantry Regiment continues. Got some more colours in, only 4 more base colours to go.

Eureka Miniatures AB British Peninsula figures. When/If I build a full Portuguese division I'll buy the correct Portuguese figures. This brigade will be in a British division.

Citadel Base paints using a Citadel Small Base brush, cleaned in a Citadel water pot and the brush conditioning with conditioner. 

Bases are magnetic ones from Olympic Games. After painting 1/2 of it by just blue tacking them one by one to the Citadel Stand holder, I suddenly thought last night I can use the bases I already have. This made painting the figures 10 times easier.  

View at table distance. You can just see Blue and Yellow.


Closer in. It gets worse.


Much worse. This is the command group. I leave them till last, but it dosn't help much.

The light troopers and Infantry.

Citadel paints used so far. You can see the last ones to do in the other pictures. I really need a light blue (or should have mixed the blue and white) for the water bottles and a better white for the straps.
I can't see having ANOTHER 10 UNITS ready by March! ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.