Saturday 25 January 2020

The Llines of Torres Vedras

Lines of Torres Vedras 

In theory each of these forts had to meet a series of minimum requirements. The ditch was to be 15ft wide at the top and at least 10ft deep, and the top of the parapet should be at least 5ft higher than the top of the counterscarp (the far wall of the ditch). The parapets themselves were never more than 10ft wide, with some only 2ft wide. Each fort could be protected by fire from its neighbours. 
 So that's what I need to build for my redoubts. I can get two in my army list. Due to some rules I do not agree with, units in them cannot move, cannot retreat, cannot be deployed in line (I think) and can only change from defence to occupy if changed in the rear. They cannot form square!

Having 2 at an angle might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment on my blog! May your dice never desert you and your tactical abilities be as good as your posting is! Never stop posting.